Monday, April 18, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA KINCAID

Linda's birthday is tomorrow April 19th.  Here is the card I sent to her.  It is a V Latch Card that was demonstrated at SU! Leadership.  I CASED this somewhat from Dawn Olschefske.  She made a you tube video on how to make this card. Thanks Dawn for making it a little easier.  I used the stamp sets Sew Suite and Button Button.  They are both in the SU! Occasions Mini Catalog.  The designer paper is Sweet Stitches.  I was so excited when I saw these sets come out and the coordinating wheel In Stitches.  There is also a single stamp called Pattern Pieces.  I'm sorry we didn't use these sets in class yet, but am glad to have the opportunity to at least present a few things done with them.  Maybe they will continue this line for the upcoming SU! Idea Book.  But in case they don't, you need to order these before they go on April 30th.

Also possibly leaving us are the Designer Big Buttons called Sweet Stitches, the pompom trims in melon mambo, tangerine tango and daffodil delight. There are Fabric Designer Brads, a Printed Scrapbook album, sweet stitches rubons (yummy) and a sweet buttons embosslit.  The buttons in my card below were made with the embosslit.  I love it because I run it with card stock or designer paper through the Big Shot and out they come looking like real buttons.  I can make them in any paper I want.  So cool!

I love everything in these sets.  The buttons, the sewing machine, the pincushion.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is really neat too.  There is a great set in the mini called Bring On the Cake. There are so many cool birthday greetings inside of it.  Check out pages 20 and 21 of the mini catalog!  Do you like my Big Shot sizzlit buttons?  I made them using melon mambo and daffodil delight card stock.
Look at the dress form and also the measuring tape stamped lightly in baja breeze.  I love it.  I also copied Dawn and used my white gel pen on the buttons.  The card latches and hooks together to close.  This is really neat.  The reason it is a V latch card is because it is cut like a V and then latches together.  I love how the buttons stamped on the inside of the card show through.
The inside of the card sentiment and then the Birthday wishes on the outside come from the level 3 hostess stamp set called Occasional Quotes.  Love it!

You can see the card and envelope a little closer here.  Notice I have also used the sweet stitches dsp on the card as well.  If you have MDS you can also get some of the images (oh Sew) and the dsp for MDS so you can print all your own papers and cards and projects and print the images in any size you like.

I hope Linda likes her card.  Maybe we will do a similar card at one of the next events. They are really easy to make and delightful to give and receive.

Happy Birthday Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment