Saturday, May 22, 2010

JUST BUZZIN BY

I designed this card for my stampin group and they absolutely loved it. I used the stamp set Just Buzzin By. I stamped the hive on summer sun card stock (retiring June 30th) and cut it out for this card. This was a whole lot easier than coloring in the whole hive with markers or watercolors. I also cut and paper pieced the hive stand and the home sweet home sentiment. The bees are directly stamped to the ultra smooth white card stock and then colored in with stampinwrite markers by SU!
This is the inside of the card. You can see that I love adding crystal effects to my stamped images. The base card stock is close to cocoa (also retiring June 30th).
My favorite part of the card is the envelope. The pink flowers are from greenhouse garden stamp set and are stamped onto the envelope first. The next step is to stamp the bees and the flowers from just buzzin by and then coloring them in with the stampinwrite markers. Their wings are colored in with the whisper white craft ink.
Even the backs of my envelopes need to be signed (or stamped, tee hee!)

2 comments:

  1. so cute, especially the envy; thanks for this great idea of stamping on the envy!

    ReplyDelete