Friday, January 29, 2010

A FRIENDLY MOVERS AND SHAPERS CARD

Katie's Version of the Big Shot Mover and Shaper Fold Over Card
A few weeks ago my downline and I met to have a fun evening of making cards. Unfortunately, i was called into the hospital to take care of a sick patient, but all of my downline stayed together to busily create some gorgeous cards. A few weeks ago I showed you Linda Kincaid's lovely creations. Today I wanted to show you Katie Fords Fold over Mover and Shaper card. Isn't it gorgeous? Katie used the new Sending Love DSP which has lots of glitter to make this card for a favorite friend.
I taught this card back several months ago using a Christmas theme. My upline Janet Wakeland had taught it to me and she learned it somewhere else. So this is the idea that keeps on giving. It involves using your Big Shot extended cutting dies and plates and the movers and shapers die with whatever die cut you would like for the center. We used the scallop oval. Cut out card stock 11 by 4.24 - fold in half and then the front should be folded over 2.12 inches to make a crease so you know where your center is to fold back over, and then fold it back again. Place your completely opened paper as you would normally over the die but only put the cutting plates half way up so that the machine cuts only up to half of the central die - in this case the scallop oval. (I'll have to take photos later, maybe when I remake my card as this one was made for me).
Decorate your card with coordinating ribbons, card stock, dsp, other punches and stamps. I love this one that uses the new extra postage set - it says "insured to bring you a smile" on the inside - and friend from the stamp set With All My Heart on the outside.

Katie, this card sure did bring me a smile! Great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment