Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BEAUTIFUL WINGS - EXLUSIVE SU!

NEW SU! EMBOSSLIT IS A MUST!
I am really enjoying this new embosslet that Big Shot and SU! put on the market this month. It is the Beautiful Wings embosslit and has some gorgeous butterflies in different sizes that you emboss and die cut at the same time. This card above uses a few I did in real red and chocolate chip card stock. I applied them to sending love dsp (ooh la la - glittered dsp). This card was actually an original idea of mine that came together rather quickly. I had an extra piece or I should say a scrap of the sending love dsp (and I refuse to get rid of scraps of this designer paper) that I adhered to very vanilla card stock, then pretty in pink, and finally real red card stock. Notice how I edged the card with the new hearts designer border punch for SU!? The butterflies have dimensionals under them and I think you can see that they pop up a little. There is new satin ribbon by SU! (this one is pink to compliment the card) and I used my new tiny tags stamp set and punch that I also love. (probably one of my favorite new punches for SU!)

This is another card using sending love glittered designer paper. I punched the hearts coner punch out of the real red card stock and sending love dsp for a cool layered effect in one corner only. I also added a little bit of glitter to the butterflies too and stamped the "love" from the tiny tags stamp set. This is another original idea that came to me pretty quickly also.


This is what the embosslit design looks like:Give your creativity wings with our Beautiful Wings Embosslits die. This chemically-etched die cuts and embosses a Beautiful Wings at the same time.

■ Designed to cut through one sheet of paper or card stock at a time
■ Use with Sizzix Big Shot machine, standard cutting pads, and multipurpose platform
■ Die size: 2-1/4" x 2-1/2"


And here is a card that my downline Hsiao-hui Lin demonstrated for the stampers/crafters at the last class at Carol's home. It is simply elegant. I love how the butterflies seem to have real wings to take flight. I also love Hsiao-hui's addition of the pearl from the SU! pretties kit to the largest butterfly, the happy birthday sentiment that is gorgeous from the well-scripted set and the new bashful blue satin ribbon. I really like the new satin ribbon. It is really soft and adds such an elegant look to your cards and crafts.


Hsiao-hui also embossed the tempting turquoise base of the card using another SU! exclusive embossing folder - the elegant bouquet. Great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment