Friday, November 13, 2009

MY DIGITAL STUDIO HYBRID CARD

I had my stampers at shoebox card class see what kind of cards they could make with My Digital Studio. For this card I printed the design above as well as the embellishment that we popped up with dimensionals. I also added red brads. This card looks more homemade, even though it is a digital design. I used rose red card stock as the card base. The ink printed an exact match. This design is from the Christmas Jingle simply scrappin digital kit that comes with MDS. I like the look of 3D on cards, even if it is just a button, ribbon, or hardware, etc.
It wouldn't be a stamp class if we didn't stamp so I had them use the stamp set snow swirled for the inside sentiment and snowflakes. The ink colors are rose red, old olive and chocolate chip classic inks. They also stamped their envelopes with the same set. I had my own personalized stamp made up for our holiday cards this year. Did you know that you can have any sentiment or names put on any of our personalized stamps? This is really a neat thing to do when you have thousands of Holiday cards to send out. Well, I really have about 100 and not thousands, but that would otherwise be a lot of signing and I'd rather spend my time stamping. I will post some actual cards I made with MDS that I had printed by the company that SU! is using for printing their books and cards. I love the quality of their paper (nice good weight card stock) and the ink is permanent and an exact match to our SU! exclusive 48 colors, neutral colors and In Colors. Give MDS printing a chance. You will be amazed with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment