Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - BIG THANKS to YOU!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!

I CASED this card from a recent Stampin Success. This is a publication by SU! that is mailed to demonstrators each month and is packed with great ideas that we can share with all of you. I loved the card so much that I made this card with my stamping group at our last Shoebox card class. It was a true "wow" card and even more "wow" when you actually see it close up and feel all of the texture. Using the Simple Letters for the Big Shot (I LOVE THESE!) I die cut the word THANKS using a different sheet of Autumn Meadows designer paper (still available) and adhered them to chocolate chip card stock strip using a 2 way glue pen. I added a button latte (love these!) and gold cording (also in the holiday mini and available now!). The other card stock papers are more mustard, tempting turquoise, and very vanilla. I tore the card stock up towards the top and ruffled it a little bit for a more dimensional look. The more mustard card stock background was run with an NEW EMBOSSING FOLDER through the Big Shot. This embossing folder will be available through SU! come January 2010. It is the most frequently used embossing folder out there.
The inside of the card has a sentiment "Happy Thanksgiving" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set. The leaves are from the Autumn Days stamp set in the main idea book and are stamped in complimentary ink colors to the card stock on the front of the card. Using the berry type stamp I made a wreath with similar ink colors on the envelope. I did mine free hand but Katie Ford my down line shared a tip she learned. She said to punch a circle from card stock and use it as a guide for the stamping to get each of the branches to line up in circular fashion. I thought that was a very cool way to get them to stamp like a wreath.
Here is yet another view where you can see the envelope a little closer up! As I've mentioned in previous posts....This Autumn Days set is so versatile. It has every season covered. This is a great all around stamp set that is great to have.

Well Thanksgiving is here. I'm excited about watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and seeing all the floats, the marching bands, the Rockette's and of course my favorite - Santa. I am so grateful for traditions like these. I am also so grateful for each and everyone of you who enrich my life by just being a part of it. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and don't eat too much turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment