Monday, May 11, 2009

WEEKEND IN BALTIMORE WITH MY SISTER

My sister Teresa joined me in Baltimore last weekend. It was the Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting and I decided to stay overnight downtown so that I could get up early each am to go to the meetings and not have to worry about driving in. Teresa got in on Saturday. I told her I had heard about this great restaurant in town called Fogo de chao a Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse. They serve some great steaks, chicken and other meat. As a scrapbooker, I love to take photos. Well, the family next to me beat me at this photo. They asked their server for a photograph with them and I thought, that is usually me asking for the photo, so of course we had to get one.
The way it works is that you can have as much meat as you want to eat. Each server has a different type of meat, could be chicken, fillet Mignon, steak, pork or some other great meat. Each person is given a chip that is placed on the table. Turn it green and you are served til your heart's content. Turn it red and they pass your table. We had fun flipping the chips over several times until we had tried everything.

When the server visits your table, you select rare, medium, well-done, etc. The meat you select is just right and very delicious.
Before you have your meat, you visit the salad bar. It is incredible. I only got a picture of this part of it, but it has everything you can imagine. I could have been happy with the salad bar alone. It was amazing and delicious. This photo captures the deli section. I was amazed at all of the different cheeses that were available. I tried not to each too much here so that I could enjoy the main course.

After the main courses, Teresa and I shared a birthday dessert. My birthday was in March and hers is in October. We don't get to visit each other that often, so this was definite cause for celebration. I love how they wrote happy birthday on the plate.

I really enjoyed the restaurant. Both of us were filled up and could hardly walk when it was time to go. Notice my chip at the end of the table by my left arm is a definite red!

After dinner we walked across the street to the Harbor. It was a little gray out that day but it was dry. I love it here. Wish I could visit more often. Sometimes there are clippers or large ships that guests can go onto.


This is the center for Marine Technology. There is a lot of scientific studies that are conducted here in Baltimore. They also have a great science center and Teresa and I headed over there at the end of the weekend to explore.


Teresa is a huge sports fan. We visited the sports and legends museum by Camden Yards on Sunday. They have some great displays of sports here in Maryland. Lots on the Orioles and Cal Ripken jr, the Ravens, Terps, Preakness, and other great sports legends. This is Teresa posing outside the ESPN Zone.

We saw a lot even though I spent a good majority of the weekend at the meetings learning a lot and catching up with colleagues that I haven't seen in awhile. Not sure when Teresa and I will get together again, but when we do, I know it will be lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment