Friday, May 8, 2009

MOJO MONDAY - MARIA SUBMISSION

This is the sketch layout for the card design for this week. I got pretty busy last week and couldn't catch up enough to do 84, but I'm on 85 and I love the results.
Here is my submission for Mojo Monday 85 Contest. I loved the design layout and had a great experience making my card. First I knew I wanted to use SU! designer paper. What is great about that is that one shade comes in different designs. One of my favorite color combinations is Certainly Celery and Baja Breeze, so that is what I chose. First I used a certainly celery card base. Next came the layers, all different patterns of certainly celery dsp by SU! Next I highlighted the patterned paper with baja breeze card stock. Behind one of the layers, I chose to copy the design exactly by cutting a strip of baja breeze and then using the scallop edge punch by SU! I edged the layer. Next I stamped a great new stamp set from SU! called Wonderful Watercolors in baja breeze classic ink. I used my aquapainter to watercolor the flowers in baja breeze and the leaves and stems in certainly celery. I stamped the thinking of you phrase from the same stamp set in basic black. Lastly, I used crystal effects to highlight the flowers and then applied dazzling diamonds glitter on top. The ribbon is striped baja breeze grosgrain which is one of the in colors that will be retiring on June 30th. Don't forget to stock up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment