Thursday, May 7, 2009

Don't Forget Mother's Day this Weekend

Mother's Day is this coming Sunday May 10th. I had great plans to send all the mother's I know a mother's day card. I will do my best to get them out tonight or tomorrow but with today's mail they are bound to be late. I finished this card this am and mailed it to my mother. I was visiting her last month and brought her gifts (lavender from Crabtree and Evelyn) but I did not give her a card. My mother loves to receive home made cards so I wanted to get this off. I used an ultras mooth white card base. Next I layered a regal rose designer series paper. I could not help but use the Manhattan flower embossing folder for this card. I ran a 4.25 inch by 5.5 inch piece of ultra smooth white card stock (the best!!!) through the Big Shot with that exclusive SU! folder. Next I trimmed just the top portion close to the roses. The ribbon is soft pink taffeta and the ovals are from SU! including the scalloped oval punch. I also cut a white flower from the three flower punch and put one of our SU! pink rhinestone brads through it. The Just for you sentiment is from oval all in the new mini occasions and the happy mothers day is from all holidays in the main idea book. I CASED this card somewhat from another card I made at DIVA DAY at Janet Wakeland's for Remarkable Stampers. That card was done in shades of gray. Wow! This card in gray would be fabulous for my Going Gray Gracefully Class on the 28th. I'll have to consider that.

In any case, if you have mother's to send cards to, get them off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment