Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HAVING FUN WITH STAMPS

I did a stamp class last night and had a lot of fun with the group. There were 7 plus me and it was such a nice size group. We met at my home in Lutherville-Timonium, Md. These are the cards we made. Actually there were 4 cards and one bookmark. Here are 2 of the cards and the fun bookmark we did. This first card was so much fun to make. I cased Samantha Van de Sluis (my SAM at SU!). She sent me this card with a different sentiment. Hers said "you're on my mind." And most of the ladies at the class chose the same one. I made a birthday card for mine since I have a lot of birthdays coming up this summer. The card base is the gorgeous mellow moss. The ribbon is SU! chocolate grosgrain. We stamped the upsy daisy stamp (love that one) in baja breeze on ultras mooth white card stock. Without inking the stamp again, we stamped the same image a little off to the left to give a shadow or distant look to the image. This is bordered in chocolate chip card stock. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of baja breeze card stock and a little piece torn off the edge for texture. This is added to the card with SU! dimensionals. Lastly, scallop edge punch the mellow moss card stock. Thanks Samantha for your card and the great idea.
This next card uses certainly celery as the card base. The dsp (designer series paper) is from SU! sale-a-bration, that I got for FREE. Love Free and Thanks SU! The certainly celery twill ribbon is also from sale-a-bration. The sentiment and stamp is from the very versatile stamp set called fun and fast notes. We stamped the image on white ultra smooth card stock and colored it in with stampinwrite markers. I added crystal effects and dazzling diamonds glitter.

Isn't this a fun way to open a card? I love this fold. I actually cased this card from someone
and I can't remember who did the original design. I really love it. The other colors of card stock used are sahara sand and bashful blue.

This is the fun book mark we made. I wanted to show the ladies 3 things - how to emboss with embossing powder, how to get a watermark and how to cut card stock with the Big Shot. First, I die cut the SU! Top Note Die using close to cocoa card stock. Next, I had them run the wheel lazy days over versamark ink. This wheel is perfect for summer fun. Next they sprinkled gold embossing powder on top of the versamark and took a heat gun to the powder and voila! great gold embossing! Next, to get just a watermark image, they took the sandals from the just beachy set (mini occasions catalog) and stamped them along the edges using versamark ink. We punched a hole in the top for some striped baja breeze ribbon and edged the bookmark in white craft ink. I've just started the Twilight series so this book mark is just what I needed. I'll have to write about that book soon, but I'm totally enamored and engrossed with Stephenie Meyers books!
I have another class this Thursday, called going gray gracefully. I got that title from my upline Janet Wakeland. I can't wait to show you what we are doing in that class. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment