Thursday, May 14, 2009

GET WELL CARD FOR FRIEND'S MOTHER

The mother of one of my friends - Eileen S. - took a fall and hurt herself. Eileen has been running back and forth to NJ to help take care of her with her sister and other family members. I wanted to give her a card to take home to her mother.
click on photo to enlarge. I wanted to use the new watercolor reinker technique and actually watercolored the flower in the right hand bottom corner. First I embossed the stamp in white on shimmery white card stock (ooh, that card stock is so nice) and then colored with reinkers (later today, I'm going to post the directions - this is so cool!). I inked the same stamp in tangerine tango and regal rose and stamped the image all over the whisper white ultra smooth envelope. This floral image is from the stamp set Fifth Avenue Floral.

The base of the card is also whisper white ultra smooth card stock. Next I layered old olive textured card stock (on sale right now, buy three and get one free) and on top of that I die cut
and layered a top note die with the saleabration dsp. The sentiments are stamped in basic black. The Get Well is from an older retired stamp set. The sentiment on the card is from refuge and strength. The smaller flowers are from one of my new favorite stamp sets - wonderful watercolors. I accented all of the flowers with crystal effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment