Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NATIONAL CARD MAKING DAY IS COMING THIS SATURDAY!

I promised some handcrafted cards this week and you will get to see lots of them.  World Card Making Day 2013 is this Saturday October 5th and I'm so happy that I'm lucky enough to share it with some of my favorite card making friends at the REMARKABLE HOT RETREAT.  I'll be posting all week and through the weekend, lots of great card ideas!  Here's a card I recently made that I've wanted to share.

This card uses one of my favorite SU! stamps and it may even be one of SU!'s most popular stamps called SWALLOWTAIL.  It's one of the larger stamps in the catalog but in the USA it's priced at $13.95 for clear mount.  It's one of our SU! background stamps.  You can see that it's larger than my card front and it's larger than my envelope.  By the way, the butterfly is purposely upside down on the envelope.  I wanted to try something different when I posted this card to one of my dearest friends.  The "you made my day"  sentiment is from one of the NEW sentiment stamp sets by SU! called A DOZEN THOUGHTS.  And let me say, that it's a definite MUST HAVE for you card makers.  It's got a lot of great sentiments in it.
A Dozen Thoughts
A Dozen Thoughts 131059
Regular Price: $21.06
Preferred Price: $18.95
Preferred Pricing is via my website here
A Dozen Thoughts for a dozen different occasions, including baby announcements, get well, and just because! Destined to become a go-to set in your collection. Clear-mount. Also available in wood-mount.


Swallowtail Clear-Mount Stamp
Swallowtail Clear-Mount Stamp 129216
Regular Price: $15.50
Preferred Price: $13.95
This gorgeous, plus-size butterfly will provide a breathtaking focal point for scrapbook pages and oversized cards. Or sprinkle it with adhesive and Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter, then turn it into a one-of-a-kind tag for an extra-special gift.
Set Quantity: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment