Monday, September 30, 2013

AUTUMN IS HERE - MDS MONDAY - HIDDEN GEMS - USING THE GLOBAL SEARCH - AND SOFTWARE UPDATE!

I used MY DIGITAL STUDIO to create this AUTUMN page and I used the GLOBAL SEARCH function to find my AUTUMN STAMPS. 
MDS SUPPLY LIST

 Background
     Designer Series Paper\Villa\Melon Mambo Villa

Stamps
    _Designer Kits/Love More/Love More - overlay polka dots, Color = 149,23,45
    _Designer Kits/Love More/Love More - flourish trim, Color = 230,WATERMARK 255,255,255
    _Designer Kits\Autumn Harvest\Autumn Harvest - autumn, Color = 230,WATERMARK 255,255,255
    _Designer Kits/Love More/Love More - flourish trim, Color = 230,WATERMARK 255,255,255
    _Designer Kits\Autumn Days\Autumn Days - leaf 1, Color = 230,WATERMARK 255,255,255

Punches
    1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = 230,WATERMARK 255,255,255
    1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = 81,53,35
    1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = 230,WATERMARK 255,255,255

Photos
    C:\Users\Maria\Pictures\September 30 2012\IMG_0888

There's a NEW MDS SOFTWARE update from SU! My Digital Studio.  Also...here's a post below directly from MDS regarding using the GLOBAL SEARCH function.  It's a really neat feature of our software.

Download Dish—Finding Hidden Gems from MDS website

I love using the global search option to find those "hidden gems" in my software—images and elements that I have somehow forgotten. That's how I recently re-discovered the hot air balloon from the Bon Voyage Photobook Template. I needed a balloon for a 3-D card that I wanted to try, and this one was perfect!
After I designed the card, I exported my .jpeg files from MDS and imported them into a Word document. I printed the card front and sent it through the printer again for the inside of the card. I also needed some images for the 3-D balloon, so I cropped around the image, copied and pasted it a few times, and printed it. Then, I punched out the balloons with my 2-1/2" Circle Punch.
Here's a screen shot of the document:

And, here's my finished card:

Global search! Love it. And speaking of awesome MDS features, how many of you are enjoying the new customized toolbar? If you haven't heard about it, check out the latest software update here.
Lindsey Hortin, Sr. Staff Writer
Supplies:


Bon Voyage Photobook Template
(NA, EU, SP)

April Showers Kit
(NA, EU, SP)

No comments:

Post a Comment