Thursday, September 26, 2013

NEW USES FOR YOUR PUNCHES AND STAMPS

Get New Life from your SU! punches especially the new CHEVRON PUNCH!
I love this idea on a new use for the chevron border punch.  This is so cool. Thanks Connie for sharing this with the SU! community.

FROM THE SU! BLOG



I always love it when my stamps and accessories have more than one use, and the Chevron Border Punch is a perfect example! Not only can you use the negative image on your scrapbook pages and cards, but you can also use the positive image, as well.
For this card I punched several strips of Quatrefoil Specialty Designer Series Paper and then used the punched-out pieces to create the background for this card. Now, I will admit . . . I certainly wouldn’t want to cover an entire card front like this, but doing a few rows was actually fun.
Starting at the bottom, I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the pieces to a sheet of copy paper and worked my way across and up. When I had completed enough rows, I trimmed away the excess and attached it to a card base made from Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper.



Feathers are very popular in the stamping world right now, and when I looked at the outline of one of the leaves from the Gently Falling Stamp Set, I thought “Hey, that could easily be turned into a feather.” So I stamped the image tone-on-tone on Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and trimmed the images down. To enhance the look further, I cut tiny slits down both sides; then, I attached the “feathers” to the card front and covered the base of the feathers with a button.



Finally, I added a sentiment made using the Hello, Lovely Stamp Set. Here is another perfect example of modifying a stamp to get a different look. I didn’t want the portion of the stamp that said “Thank you” so I just trimmed it off after I stamped it to create a fun little tag. (You don’t always have to use a stamp or accessory in the obvious way!)
I challenge you to take another look at your stamping supplies to see if there are any hidden gems like these. Everyone loves to find hidden treasure!
Connie Collins
Artisan Design Team

CHEVRON BORDER PUNCH
Chevron Border Punch
Chevron Border Punch 132154
Chevrons are all the rage! Get your chevron on with the Chevron Border Punch. Create a chevron border or individual chevrons for unique placement. Punched image size: individual chevron, 1" x 5/8".

No comments:

Post a Comment