Thursday, April 12, 2012

WE'RE MAKING THIS SU! CARD HOLDER TONIGHT

Tonight we will be headed to Rita Gorrick's home for some FUN STAMPING and a DINNER PARTY.  I'm so excited.  I'll be sharing this adorable and easy to make CARD HOLDER using the BORDERING ON ROMANCE stamp set and they YOU'RE A GEM stamp set.  This card holder was featured in a video from SU! on one of my earlier blog posts and Rita saw it and thought it would be perfect to show her guests tonight.

This is a really cool card holder and you can put at least 4 to 5 cards and envelopes inside.  Best of all it is made from a single sheet of 8.5 by 11.

Here's a LINK to the video if you want to see it again and watch how easy it is to make.
The nifty edge at the opening uses our NEW SU! edgelits.  They are so cool and the BORDERING ON ROMANCE set coordinates with it so well. (see the darker dots that are outlined on the top.

If you look closely to the stamped image, you will see that I highlighted it with crystal effects.
If you are wondering what colors of card stock I used - it's soft suede and so saffron.  I also added a SU! rhinestone to the tag.  I love those for accenting cards and crafts.  They really tell the recipient
that I think they are extra special when they get these added.

Here's what's included in the BORDERING ON ROMANCE stamp set:

 And here's the YOU'RE A GEM stamp set:

These stamp sets really are a MUST for crafting. 

This is the side view with some cards inside.  Wouldn't this be great to give as a gift to a friend, a coworker, a teacher, or...what about making some of these up for mother's day?

If you are coming to Rita's tonight, I'll see you there and I'll show you how to make this.  Since it uses our SU! SIMPLY SCORED tool, it's a breeze to cut out and score.  We'll also be making some cards that I'll feature tomorrow and the next day.  You're in for a great night tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment