Sunday, April 8, 2012

EASTER CARDS

Everyone who knows me, knows that I usually send cards to my family and friends for most all of the holidays. Easter is no exception.  I was surfing the Internet last week and I saw this awesome Easter card made by Mary Fish.  I knew right away that I had to CASE this card.  While I was on the REMARKABLE HOT RETREAT, I had access to almost every tamp that SU! makes.  (one of the perks of going on Janet's retreats is that she brings almost her entire craft room on retreat for all of us to use.)  I stamped the He is Risen (Easter Dove SU! stamp) on all of the cards and did all of the punching and design on retreat.  When I came home I completed the cards and they are all mailed off to family and family friends. The only thing I changed was that I used tempting turquoise card stock instead of pool party.  The DSP is from the Saleabration paper pack I earned for FREE.
I love the use of the different size SU! sticky back pearls.  Because they have adhesive on them already, they stick really well.  They are very inexpensive buy from SU!  Notice the pearl in the center of the flower and the tiny pearls on the dove's wing.
The sentiment on the inside of the card is from the stamp set Abundant Hope which I own from last year's Occasions mini catalog.  I love the sentiment and I love the font that Easter Blessings is in.
I actually made 10 of these cards.  The flower on the front is a great stamp.  It can be punched in different ways with various SU! punches to give a layered and more 3 dimensional effect.
The dove is paper pieced onto the card.  The colors are gorgeous.  Mary truly designed a really beautiful card.
This is my envelope.  I stamped the He is Risen and colored in the dove with a stampinwrite marker.  I highlighted the dove with crystal effects.  The rejoice comes from an older SU! set called graceful words.  It's one of the sets I use over and over again.

I wish everyone a Blessed and Happy Easter and may you all rejoice in the Lord's rising from the dead to save us!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment