Sunday, October 9, 2011

WORLD CARD MAKING DAY - MARIA'S SECOND CARD - NEAT FUN FOLD CARD

I just can't get away from the GENTLY FALLING stamp set.  I've used it a lot now, so I think it was definitely worth getting.  Here is a really neat fun fold type card using the set and the SPICE CAKE designer papers by SU!

I am pretty sure that this was everyone's favorite card of the night.  We stamped the leaves on cream card stock.  The leaves come as 2 step stamps - so this is a real bargain set.  You stamp the outline in a darker color - we used early espresso classic ink by SU! - and then the colored portion is another stamp that gets stamped with your favorite color.  We used colors that matched the spice cake dsp - more mustard, pool party, lucky limeade, and crumb cake.  The leaves were individually cut out and attached.  Linen thread wrapped in a mini bow provides the accent.

Here is the card done a few different ways, including using different card stock base of more mustard. 
I really love the acorn and the helicopter leaf that comes with this set as well.  The Thanksgiving sentiment is from the stamp set TEENY TINY WISHES.


The insides of the cards are stamped with the stamp set HAND PENNED HOLIDAYS.  There is also a Christmas and a Halloween wish in this stamp set.

By the way, I learned this fun fold at my upline JANET WAKELAND's home for Diva Day.  She always shows us how to make the coolest things.


Above are two side views so that you can see exactly how the card is folded.

And lastly, one of the cards shown with a hand stamped envelope.  I watercolored parts of the leaves on the envelope using my SU! aquapainter and my SU! watercolor crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment