Sunday, October 2, 2011

WARMEST OF WISHES

Oh, I had some fun this week with heat embossing.  I pulled out all of my new embossing powders by SU! and decided that I should do a FALL card with my SU! NEW Gently Falling Stamp Set.  Tangerine Tango, Pewter, and Wild Wasabi embossing powders would be perfect.  I went to town embossing leaves like crazy - making them two toned.  I inked the stamp in versamark first and then stamped it to the card stock.  I put a little tangerine tango or other embossing powder in scattered areas, and then took wild wasabi or another and put it on the rest.  Next, I heat embossed, and I am really happy with the results. 
I dry embossed the card stock layers with various SU! embossing folders for the Big Shot.  The sentiment comes from the NEW SU! hostess set Warmest Wishes (with great stamps that match SU! punches) you can earn FREE while the SU! holiday mini catalog is out.  Notice that I spritzed gold Smooch spray on the card above.  It gave it that extra zing that makes this card really stand out.

Here's the card with the envelope I stamped.  The wreath also comes in Warmest Wishes stamp set and when stamped on card stock can be punched out with SU! circle punch or scallop circle punch.


This is another version of the card with the sentiment stamped and embossed with NEW PEWTER embossing Powder which just came out in the SU! Holiday Mini Catalog.

This is the inside of one of the cards.  I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with Tangerine Tango from the NEW stamp set Pursuit of Happiness.  You have to get this stamp set.  It has the greatest sentiments.


Here's the sentiment really up close.


I actually made 4 of these cards to give away.  One is going to my mom and dad to wish them a Happy Fall. One is going to my dear friend Mary Jo, who brings me a smile every day we work together.  The third card is going to my dear friend Hsiao-hui Lin to thank her once again for purchasing our tickets for us.  This time she has gotten tickets to Adams Family on Broadway for my group headed to NYC this December.  I thought I would put some of the checks I collected from the group in a nice card for her.  And, finally the 4th card went to Steve L. from work who celebrated the Jewish New Year - Rosh Hashanah - and had to work that day.  I thought this would be a neat card to give him also.

Can't wait to create a little more with this awesome Gently Falling stamp set and the others that I used in this project.  We have world card making day this week, so I'm sure we'll have some cool projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment