Saturday, October 8, 2011

WORLD CARD MAKING DAY - LINDA KINCAID'S LOVELY CARD

I think Linda Kincaid is one of the best card designers around.  She never ceases to amaze me with her beautiful creations.  For this card, Linda pulled out one of her favorite stamp sets EVERY MOMENT.  She stamped the flowers, masking them to overlap in some areas for stamping, and also masking so that she could sponge some BASHFUL BLUE ink lightly in the background to make the flowers "pop" off the page.  I think she did a great job. I love that we stamped inside a circle surrounded by a scallop.  Linda put the pin holes inside every scallop on the card.  I think it's a cool highlight.  The other cool thing about this card is the use of the 2 dotted scallop ribbon border punches - along the side - one in pear pizzaz and the other in so saffron.
The envelope is done very similarly.  This is actually the card and envelope I made under Linda's direction.  I modified mine slightly.  Linda's card used SU! crystal effects over the flower.  I painted mine with the smooch moonlight pearl accent that is one of 4 smooch accents that SU! carries.  I like the shine I got on the daisy.  You may need to click on the photo above to really see it on the petals.   The sentiment on the front of the card is from the timeless SU! stamp set CURVY VERSES.

Moonlight Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink 119969
Price: $4.95
Pearlized accent ink draws attention to your creativity. Simply paint on a lustrous accent anywhere you need it.

■ 3 fl. oz.


And here is the inside of the card with the birthday accent (colored using Stampinwrite markers) and the delicate butterfly from the EVERY MOMENT stamp set.



 I may hold onto this card for a special friend.  Once the new year hits, I have lots of friends with birthdays.

Certainly, this is another great WORLD CARD MAKING DAY card.

No comments:

Post a Comment