Wednesday, October 13, 2010

LINDA'S LOVELY HOLIDAY CARD

STYLE BEAUTIFUL IS PERFECT FOR THE HOLIDAYS
 This card is called a "wiper card."  Linda demonstrated it for our group at Pat's home.  This is an absolutely lovely card.  I like how you can pull gently on both ends and the little message pops up.  Linda Kincaid demonstrated this card using the set style beautiful which really is a very elegant stamp set.  I liked that she used it for a holiday card. 
The card base is cherry cobbler which is one of our new colors.  It is so rich and perfect for the holidays.  She also added some new silver glass glitter.  Glitter is so perfect for your holiday cards.  It really shows that you went the extra mile on your cards.  Linda also used sahara sand and old olive ink and I love the use of the wide striped real red grosgrain ribbon.  Can you tell that Linda embossed the outer portions of her card with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder for the Big Shot?  This card is really well done!
The Seasons Greetings sentiment and the pop up sentiment are from the stamp set Many Merry Messages.

Here are some photos from class:
 Linda is demonstrating how the card works.
 Simply gorgeous card!
 We all used the stamp positioner to get the words exact and it was very easy.  This is Hsiao-hui using it.
Rita did very well with the positioner also.
 Linda is showing Rita how to put her card together and you can see Pat in the background stamping.
Here are some of the group working on their cards.  I must say I really loved all of the cards.  I hope to show Linda's other card and Hsiao-hui's other card in one of my next posts.  They were also fabulous cards.
Next week on weds. I have a Christmas Card 3 class. I have so many more great ideas to show you!  I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment