Sunday, August 30, 2009

LAST FEW PROJECTS FROM LINDA'S

We made some great cards at Linda's (see previous few posts) and I promised that today I would post the last 2. This first is a brand new look at Build A Bear. Diana gave me the idea of dressing the bears up for the different holidays and we are going to do that over the next couple months. There are two adorable Halloween costumes and some Christmas costumes yet to be tried. They are all part of the Big Shot exclusive to Stampin Up! Here is my first one. I think he is so adorable. Those who came to Linda's got to dress the bears up in either little girl or little boy bear outfits. We adhered them to black clips so they can stand up. Did you know that you can die cut the bears using magnetic strips and you can also do the clothes? At the SU! convention they did this and they adhered the bears to a framed metal board. They put the clothes in magnetic containers and adhered that to the back. This is a great idea for teachers for school, for little and big children for holiday and birthday gifts. Build a Bear is not just for kids. Did you know that I have gone to Build a Bear twice and made my own bears? It is a fun experience if you have never tried it. This was the card we made. It is actually part of the make and takes from the Hawaii Trip I went on with SU! I thought this card would be a winner and it was.
The card features the stamp set For All You Do - one of my favorites. We stamped the flowers using the rock and roll technique and the kissing technique and then cut them out and adhered them with brads - one in saffron and one in white. Did you know we sell colored brads and brads in larger sizes? Very cool!
This was my simple envelope. I think I better go back and add more flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of Bella!!! She is such a gorgeous dog! She is magnificant to see in person! So calm and sweet! Sweet Bella Bleu! - Sandi

    ReplyDelete