Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HAND MADE BOOK FROM TIM HOLTZ CLASS - CLOSE UPS

I just got a chance to photograph the hand made/hand bound book I made in the Tim Holz class this past Saturday. These are some photos of mine. The book is made of 2 canvases covered with metal that we hand embossed and then inked with alcohol inks.
The letters were really tough to emboss by hand, but Tim told me that these plates can be put through the Big Shot.
The photo above shows the hand binding that I did. I sewed it all together myself.
This is the back of my book. I love the crown on the outside. I colored that with alcohol inks as well.This is the inside of the book. I need to start journaling now that the book is done.

These were some of the plates that I used and the metal. They are by Ten second studio which has partnered with Tim Holtz.

No comments:

Post a Comment