Sunday, January 4, 2009

I love waking up to this guy every morning

My puppy is just adorable. I love waking up to this cute face every morning. It's true! puppies give you unconditional love. He has been such a great dog. We adopted this sheltie/terrier mix in July when he was almost 4 months old. He has been such a great addition to our family. It is interesting, because when we first got him, the adoption agency told us that he was a sheltiedoodle (toy poodle mix) and that he wouldn't get much bigger than the few pounds he weighed. As the months went on, he got somewhat bigger and we knew there was no toy poodle in that dog. In fact, he weighs about 25 lbs. right now, but that is probably the biggest he is going to get - or maybe a few lbs. more. His face and the hair on his head, ears and neck is soft and is very much a sheltie. The rest of his coat is a little more wirey and more like terrier. He has the sweetest disposition and will follow any of the three of us anywhere. The best part of my day is coming home from a long day at work and having this wonderful pup wag his tail back and forth like there is no tomorrow - just so glad I'm home. I guess I have 3 boys now and I'm very happy about that.

6 comments:

  1. Who could not love a face like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a famous quote (but I can't remember who said it) "There is no psychiatrist like a puppy licking your face."

    Carla S.

    ReplyDelete