Sunday, January 25, 2009

CARDS WE MADE AT CATHY'S USING STAMPIN UP!

Several of us stampers met at Cathy Weir's home in Street Maryland yesterday and had a great time stamping and sharing ideas. Cathy made a delicious Chicken divan casserole that was fabulous. Cathy will send me the recipe and I'll have to post it for everyone. I never had such a delicious meal. Hsiao-hui made her famous dumplings for Chinese New Year. These were the same ones she made for her Halloween party and they were devoured. Hsiao-hui also made a delicious Kahlua cake and we will need that recipe also. Diana Hnat came down from Pa and made her famous potato salad. Katie Ford had a birthday yesterday (happy birthday Katie from all of us!!!). She made a lemon pound cake that was awesome. The pink card with the cupcakes on it was the card I made for her birthday. I have also included some of the other cards we worked on that we want to share with you. Diana made a scrapbook page of her son's girlfriend Erin at Halloween. I didn't get a chance to photograph that but will ask her to send a copy to me so I can post it.

The first card here was made by Hsiao-hui Leonard. she used the Season of Friendship tree stamp set that was in the recent Holiday Mini catalog. This had to be the most popular set. In a previous post I posted a photo of the family tree frame that Linda Kincaid made for me and that was the same tree. Hsiao-hui gave us the idea that we could stamp this for valentine's day and put the insert in our frames. For the Valentines she used the NEW 3 Heart Punch, the candylane papers and the Love Always stamp set from Stampin Up's Valentine bundle. I love how she paperpieced the little birds with the candylane papers. Great Job!!!!

This is my card for Katie for her birthday. I used the new striped pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon from Stampin Up!'s new Spring -Summer Idea book. I colored one stripe with pixie pink to match the cardstock that the cupcakes stand is mounted on. The cardstock is pink pirouette from the IN COLORs carstock. And...I embossed the cardstock with Stampin Up's NEW TEXTURZ plates (Backgrounds 1). They are great and a bargain at only $11.95. They are for use with your Sizzix Big Shot or Big Kick machine and there are 3 double sided plates. The cupcake stand is from the stamp set CRAZY FOR CUPCAKES from Stampin Up! I also used our chunky glitter to make the icing sparkle!!!!

Katie Ford made this adorable card using real red carstock and dsp from the Fall-Winter Idea book. I love how she added sparkle to the cupcakes from the SU! set Party Hearty. She did such a good job with these. Notice how the icing is popped up with dimensionals. This really adds so much to your craft projects. You can find the glitter on my website. It is called dazzling diamonds and it is the by far the best glitter out there. We also have brand new fine glitter on page 180 of the new Spring -Summer Idea book called Fine Galaxy in black, silver, red, gold, and champagne and another set called Fine Supernova in chocolate, olive, orange, pink and aqua. We also still have Fine Cosmo in rose pink, 0rchid, light blue, celery and turquoise. Use this glitter to accent any craft project or try it on our sticky cut letters or brand new die cut sticky words and images called sticky cuts sweet. I'll try to find an image of this from leadership and post it later.


This is another card that Hsiao-hui made and is from last year's idea book and is called carte postale which is retired. I love how she punched each image out after she stamped it and used dimensionals to pop each one up. The background is textured. You can achieve this effect with our new SU! texturz background 1 plates.



Here is the awesome mirror that Cathy embellished with our SU! old olive rubons that was a free SALE-A-Bration set last year. Cathy and others earned this set for FREE during saleabration. She did a great job on the mirror that hangs in her powder room. Just after she completed it, her niece modeled for us in the mirror. I didn't get permission to photograph her and post her photo so I had to leave her cute smiling face off. If I hear from her mom I'd be happy to show you how cute she is. Sale-a-bration starts February 1st and you will need to check out the wonderful stamp sets, designer papers and ribbons you can get for FREE this year. SU! has outdone themselves again. I'll be sure to post the mini catalog and samples once we go live on Feb. 1st so check back here.




No comments:

Post a Comment