Wednesday, May 28, 2014

SU! BLENDABILITIES AND BLOOM WITH HOPE THANK YOU

I wanted to send my friend Linda K. a THANK YOU card for her recent kindness.  I used the HARDWOOD stamp for the background on this card using the NEW SU! IN COLOR - LOST LAGOON, which is becoming a fast favorite now that I have the NEW IN COLORS.  Next I stamped a gorgeous floral image from the NEW SU! HOSTESS SET BLOOM WITH HOPE which comes out June 2nd (just a few more days, woo hoo!) I stamped the image using MEMENTO BLACK ink which works best with any type of ALCOHOL based markers and actually, ink I've been using for a very long time.  I then set off to color the flowers with the NEW SU! BLENDABILITIES. 

I also used brand NEW coordinating LOST LAGOON satin ribbon which is so smooth.  It's really easy to use the BLENDABILITIES and I'm going to recommend them over every other alcohol marker on the market.  I've never used the copic markers, so they may be better, but they are too expensive and I don't color with markers enough to make them worth it.  I do have the spectrum noir that I invested a lot in.  I may keep those. I haven't decided yet.  However, I LOVE that the SU! BLENDABILITIES coordinate with all of the SU! inks and papers and embellishments, but more than this...they are SUPER EASY to use. I think I colored this image in 5 minutes or less.


Here's the card and the coordinating envelope!  The envelope used all of the NEW SU! IN COLORS for 2014-16.
The envelope also was stamped with the HARDWOOD background (lightly) and then I also used PETITE PETALS and GORGEOUS GRUNGE as well as a THANKS stamp from SU!

No comments:

Post a Comment