Thursday, May 30, 2013

SWALLOWTAIL ANNIVERSARY CARD

Today my husband and I celebrate 21 years of marriage.  I used the NEW SU! designer series paper from the upcoming NEW IDEA BOOK - EPIC DAY THIS AND THAT.  The colors in this paper pack are amazing.  I bought my pack with the THIS n THAT kit last month.  In fact, I bought 3 of them.  The stamp I used for the focal point is the SWALLOWTAIL - large butterfly.  I embossed the butterfly using versamark ink and wild wasabi embossing powder by SU! on soft sky card stock.  The Celebrate Today is from the stamp set PERFECTLY PENNED.

I also used wild wasabi stitched grosgrain and wild wasabi card stock behind the designer paper.  Rhinestones from SU! were added to the butterfly and lots of sponging.  I also used the A ROUND ARRAY stamp set upcoming in the NEW IDEA BOOK stamped on top of the designer paper. There's a lot you can do with stamps and designer paper.  The butterfly was hand cut, but did you know that if you have an SVG cutter you can die cut the butterfly with it?  You just need to have the stamped brush set of the swallowtail which is digitally available from SU!  The Life is better sentiment is from a stamp set given to me by my bff Sandi and unfortunately is the only item used not SU!

This is the inside of my card.  Of course I personalized it with a special message for my anniversary guy.  He loved the card, so that's huge.  Do any of your men ever go gaga over your cards?  LOL!

1 comment: