Thursday, May 23, 2013

HERE'S WHAT THE MAY MY PAPER PUMPKIN LOOKS LIKE! CHECK THIS OUT



I'm thrilled with the MAY MY PAPER PUMPKIN kit.  What a deal.  And I LOVE receiving something new and fun and exciting in the mail every month!
This month's kit is SO AWESOME!  Make a SMASH type book or make cards with it.  You can do anything.  BUT BE SURE TO SIGN UP HERE to receive MY PAPER PUMPKIN monthly.

Here's the excerpt from the SU! BLOG from the concept artist:
When I was helping to design this kit I knew I wanted to make something that would be a fun and easy way to use Instagram photos.  (I absolutely love Instagram photos and I loved putting this little mini album together using my growing stash.) After I finished my cute little album, I started playing around with other ways to use this kit. Here is what I came up with!


These cards were super-simple to put together. I used the Woodgrain Background Stamp to add some texture to the Whisper White Cardstock, added a few ink splatters, then stamped the little arrow stamp. I didn’t want the “Love this” on the card, so when I stamped it I just used a piece of tape to cover the word on the ink pad, then pulled it off before I stamped it on the paper. You can also use a Stampin’ Write Marker to mask out an unwanted piece of the stamp. I love the Polaroid frames in this kit! They look so cute on these cards with a little washi tape on top and the punched out heart in the middle.  So simple and fun.


I also thought it would be fun to do a little scrapbooking with this kit. I took my favorite photos from the month of February and put together a few pages to remember our February. I used My Digital Studio to add some journaling to the photos and the paper from the kit, but other than that, everything I used came from the kit. I love how it turned out! The “Best year yet” card came in the mail for my birthday from Anthropologie. I love including things from my everyday life in my scrapbooking. I know I will be using the Love This arrow stamp a ton in other memory keeping projects I am working on.  It is just such a fun and versatile little stamp.

To get the printing on the cute paper that comes with the kit, I just ran it through the printer. I made the quoted tab in My Digital Studio. As you can see, I had a ton of fun adding the little tickets and words all over my pictures. I love how the kit comes with so many.
I hope you guys have as much fun playing with your Paper Pumpkin as I did!
Arika B. Concept Artist
 

No comments:

Post a Comment