Sunday, May 26, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD! 80 YEARS YOUNG!

What a milestone!  
Congratulations Dad! 
So glad we are able to share your day with you!  Enjoy!

This is the card I designed in MDS (SU!'s My Digital Studio) for my dad's birthday.  Many years ago, he painted a painting of a sunset with a boat out on the ocean.  It's probably one of his most prized possessions.  He painted it in colors similar to the sunset in the photo below.  I took this photo in the Caribbean where I visited recently and it reminded me of Dad's painting so I decided to make his card with it.  I chose a hot air balloon instead of a boat so I'd be just a little different.  I love the saying - it's by Helen Keller - 

 "Life is either a Daring Adventure or Nothing."  

It certainly is - and I'm sure my dad will agree.  He's a wonderful man and he's lived a lot of adventures with many more sure to come.  I LOVE YOU DAD!


MDS Supply ListBackground
     Designer Series Paper\_Designer Kits\Travel Journal - designer series paper\Travel Journal - pattern 9

Embellishments
    Antique Brads\Antique Brads - brad 4 (re-colored)

Stamps
    Adventure Awaits\Adventure Awaits - hot air balloon, Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Adventure Awaits\Adventure Awaits - hot air balloon, Color = EARLY ESPRESSO 80,57,49
    Daring Adventure\Daring Adventure - or nothing, Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Daring Adventure\Daring Adventure - or nothing, Color = EARLY ESPRESSO 80,57,49

Punches
    Extras\Flag Punch, Fill Color = 178,161,133
    Extras\Flag Punch,  Filled with: Designer Series Paper\DSE_CVL_MovingDay_Paper3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment