Wednesday, January 16, 2013

DELICATE DOILIES, COLLAGE CURIOS, BOTTLE CAPS, AND NEW POOL PARTY EMBOSSING POWDER

I was very curious at how a flattened bottle cap might look on a card, so I decided to use Janet Wakeland's tutorial for how to flatten them.  For this card, I used a commercial bottle cap, but I have to say...Now that I've seen the NEW SU! bottle caps - in 2 different sizes and in silver!!! ooo la la!  I'm really excited about this technique.


For this card I first took the bottle cap and following the directions for the BIG SHOT flattening -
went ahead and flattened mine. I stamped the inside image from COLLAGE CURIOS - a brand new SU! stamp for the OCCASIONS CATALOG. And, I stamped the #1 with the CIAO BABY NEW stamp set also in the catalog.  Love these  The CIAO BABY will go well in the smaller caps!

This first set is COLLAGE CURIOS.

 This next set is CIAO BABY.
SU!'s NEW SODA POP TOPS:
Another idea for these soda pop tops would be to make retro accents. Retro accents made your way. Punch custom centers from Designer Series Paper or stamped images using our 1/2" and 1" Circle Punches. Fill with Crystal Effects. 16 total: 8 ea. of 2 designs. Silver.

Back to my fun card.  I embossed the Delicate Doilies stamp onto white card stock with versamark ink and Pool Party Embossing powder, exclusive to SU!  Next I brayered tempting turqoise ink over the stamped images and look how cool they look!   


 Since this was a Birthday card, I die cut the banners with the SU! banner framelits and stamped Happy Birthday with TEENY TINY WISHES stamp set by SU!.  I wrote in the name ANDRE, to whom I gave this card for his birthday.  I really love these colors.  The design is mounted on pool party card stock mounted onto Pacific Point card stock.  You can't beat those colors for a guy!

All of these stamps, inks, accessories are from Stampin Up!  I highly encourage you to consider all of them in your next purchase.  And by the way....next week SALEABRATION starts.  That means that for every $50 subtotal purchase you can receive a SALEABRATION item for FREE.  The items include embossing folders, a punch, embellishment pack with ribbons and buttons, EXCLUSIVE stamp sets and papers and more.  Contact me for more details on getting SU! for FREE!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment