Friday, December 21, 2012

SU! VINTAGE GIFT CARD HOLDER

I totally CASED this VINTAGE GIFT CARD HOLDER from Angie Juda.  It's so cool.  The first time I saw this, I had to make it.  I modified mine only a little embossing with the NEW EMBOSSING FOLDER by SU! from the Holiday Catalog and heat embossing with iridescent ice embossing powder by SU! and GINGERBREAD embossing powder to give it a real sweet Christmas type smell to it.
I used Champagne glimmer paper, the MERRY and BRIGHT stamp set and SU! Tulle.  The glimmer paper and the tulle will probably retire January 2, 2013, so make sure you stock up on these items now.
Oh, I almost forgot that I used Expresso distress card stock, so after it is embossed you sand it and you get this really cool white or vanilla tone to the emossed area that is sanded.  This is really cool paper that SU! sells and it will be retiring most likely as well.
The inside holds a gift card.  I changed my opening just a bit from Angie's.  You can go to her blog by clicking on her name in the first paragraph above and you will get directions including a video she made.

And this is what the gift card holder looks like on the side after it is closed and the tulle is tied.
It smells awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment