Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HOLIDAY FUN WORKSHOP - CARD 2

I love the way this card shimmers.  I didn't use shimmer paint, but I did use the new tinsel that SU! makes (I'm actually going to stock up on this in case they don't bring it back next year.  I really love it.  The silver is wired and the clear is not.  These are fabulous for gifts and crafts and so inexpensive!)  The card base is marina mist card stock and the ink color matches it.  I used the northern flurry embossing folder for the Big Shot and reverse printed and embossed the flakes.  The snowflakes are die cut and attached with a clear rhinestone brad.  These snowflakes are from the sizzlet for SU! called Northern Frost.  I had no idea how nice they were until I die cut them for this card for class.  I had the sizzlet almost a month before I tried it and I'm sorry I didn't use it sooner.  The trees are stamped and individually cut from paisley prints.  What a nice stamp set (thanks Lisa Chatterjee for encouraging me to get this stamp set.  I love it!) The winter wonderland is from Bright Christmas.
This is the inside of the card.  I used some leftover snowflakes and then stamped serene snowflakes on the inside.  The sentiment is from Seasonal Sentiments.  I love the font that the Christmas is stamped in.  The snowflakes that I die cut both on the inside and on the front of the card are sponged lightly with marina mist ink.
This is the envelope stamped with the Christmas tree and with sentiment and serene snowflakes.  The sentiment is stamped with pacific point classic ink.  Add dazzling diamonds to the envelope too, for a truly shimmery glittery feel that is so "in" at the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment