Saturday, July 19, 2014

AMANDA'S 50TH BIRTHDAY - POP UP BOX CARD - FLOWER PATCH

Today is my dear friend Amanda Hindle's 50th Birthday. She looked amazing and we all surprised her for her big milestone day. Her hubby whisked her away secretly on a boat ride and then brought her to the marina at Bowley's Quarters, an amazing place.  We had a great time.  Amanda loved my card and gift.  The card is a BOX CARD and I made a custom envelope for it.  You probably can't tell from the photo, but the box was pretty large, not the standard A2 when folded, but a whopping 7 by 9 1/2 inches. I needed an entire 12 x 12 SU! DSP for the custom envelope.  I used my punch board to make the envelope, and my SU! scoreboard to make the card.

Above is the card and envelope.  I die cut the 50 and the letters of AMANDA's name with the SU! BIG SHOT alphabet.  I also stamped the tag with the BRAND NEW stamp KIND KOALA with MEMENTO BLACK INK and colored it with my NEW SU! BLENDABILITIES alcohol markers.  The flowers are from the NEW SU! stamp set FLOWER PATCH which has matching framelits.  I love these flowers and they"pop" beautifully out of this box.
I absolutely love this Koala.  He is so cute.  The little heart was punched from my SU! owl punch which has a little heart with it.
Above is the card with my 2 gifts.  I gave Amanda a necklace and matching earrings I picked up in Cape May.  I forgot to take a picture of them.  They were so beautiful with different shades of blue that I thought would go great with Amanda's blond hair and gorgeous eyes.  The other gift was the KIND KOALA stamp from SU!.  With Amanda being from Australia, this will come in handy.  Amanda also loves to stamp and craft!
And here are two more views of the flowers popping out of this box.  Not shown, I wrote a birthday greeting on the back of the card with my NEW SU! gold marker.
Have a GREAT DAY Amanda and a GREAT MONTH and a GREAT UPCOMING YEAR!  You're awesome girlfriend!


No comments:

Post a Comment