Thursday, March 15, 2012

TEA SHOPPE CASED - what is a CASE?

As a SU! demonstrator, I have access to a whole library of ideas for SU! ideas.  I love to look over the SU! demonstrator website and also the Stampin Success Magazine that is mailed to me each month.  The projects, the articles, the ideas...they are all just magnificent.  I learn a lot and so I'm able to teach a lot of new ways with paper, stamps, and SU! products to my customers and friends.    Sometimes, I am so inspired by a project or projects, that I just take out a stamp set and go to town creating all kinds of original creations! Sometimes, I copy a project exactly, and sometimes...I copy and edit.  When one copies and shares everything...one makes a CASE.  Have you ever seen me use that term before or hear others use it?  It typically means copying and sharing everything and is an acronym.   My dear friend and fellow SU! demonstrator Jill Hilliard had another meaning that I love just as much...Copy and Selectively Edit.  Isn't that cool?  I'm not sure she coined that originally, but it sure is creative.  In any case....I opened this month's Stampin Success and saw this amazing VINTAGE looking card and just had to copy it.  So here I am CASING the card using the stamp set TEA SHOPPE.
This is the card that I CASED.  I embossed whisper white card stock with the striped embossing folder that I earned FREE during SALEABRATION (You have 2 more weeks to earn yours!) and then used TEA STAIN ink from the SU! distressing kit, to give the card the vintage appeal.  The tag was cut 2 1/4 inches by 3 inches and then using the large circle punch I rounded the top.
Here's a cool trick to notch the bottom of the tag.  Just take a square punch and punch as shown.
The vintage border behind the tag was stamped on whisper white and then using a scallop punch on rose red card stock, made a border edge.  The tea cup is stamped in rose red on the very vanilla tag.  I then distressed the tag with the same tea stain ink, water-colored the flowers and added crystal effects and a hint of dazzling diamonds.  Next there is a SU! button from the color pack I also earned FREE from SU! during SALEABRATION, white twine, a rhinestone to the center of the flowers and some rose colored satin seam binding.  The sentiment is the only thing I did differently from the original published in the magazine. 

Original card I CASED in Stampin Success April 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment