Saturday, March 10, 2012

THE OPEN SEA - 2 CARDS

I had the opportunity to pull out a favorite stamp set of mine - THE OPEN SEA -to make 2 cards.  The first is a card for a friend of our family who happens to be the leader of my prayer group.  His birthday is this coming Monday.  I'm so glad for this stamp set because it really is so easy to work with and it is just a wonderful set, especially for a male.
The card base is night of navy and I stamped the images with white craft ink.  Then I ran the card through the Big Shot with the Houndstooth embossing folder.  The ship is stamped with red ink on river rock.  The envelope is a kraft envelope.  It's always nice to send an envelope that is a little different.

This next card I made for my dad.  He's not been feeling well and has been ill needing antibiotics over the last 2 to 3 weeks.  I wanted him to get something special in the mail.  THE OPEN SEA stamp set was out for the card I made above, so I went ahead and used it on this card too.

This card has some similarities.  If you zoom in on it, you will see that I ran this card through the Big Shot as well, but used the striped embossing folder.  You must stamp on your card stock first before running it through the Big Shot or it's difficult to stamp on.  You really want the image to be part of the embossing.  The word tranquility came from an older SU! stamp set, and is the wish I'm hoping for my dad.  By the way, you can earn the striped embossing folder for FREE from SU! with a minimum qualifying order for SU! SALEABRATION until March 31st.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment