Wednesday, March 21, 2012

INSIDE MARTHA STEWART'S STUDIO

My friend Sandi Haertig took me to New York City for the day.  We had an fun time on the bus up to NYC and arrived in the city just in time to have lunch with my sister Christina Deyo who is Martha Stewart's top producer.  She arranged for us to sit in on the afternoon taping of the Martha Stewart show which is airing this Friday March 23rd, 2012.  We were so excited.  My sister told us all about the production end of things and how the show works. We saw the planning of the next several shows, which was really really cool.  We then went over to the studio and were given VIP seats up in the front.  Wow!  So cool!  While we were waiting for all of the audience guest members to be seated, we were just overwhelmed with the beautiful scenery of the studio.  Then out of the blue, the Director of the show comes up to Sandi and selects her as the audience member of the day. I'm pretty sure he didn't know that I was the sister of Christina.  He wanted to give her a personal tour of the set and she asked if I could come.  WOW!  Was this our lucky day or what.  He took us all over and showed us everything.  We loved the kitchen and the craft rooms the best.  I'm going to have to make some scrapbook pages of the great photos I took.  Here's just a few photos that I took and placed in a My Digital Studio page.

Of course we got to meet Martha again and had a wonderful little chat with her.  Martha just had a new grand baby- who was a premie. She told us that he just came home. She asked for my card since I'm a NICU doctor, in case she had any questions.  Wow!  Can you imagine Martha asking you for your info?  After our tour of the set, the Director asked us if we wanted a cappuccino.  Can you believe he made each of us one?  Yum! Then the show featured several segments, but one was on pizza making.  We got a great lesson from a very famous chef Jim Lahey.  We even got to taste Martha's pizza - ham and peas on top. Ok, I also thought it wouldn't taste good.  Boy was I wrong.  Yum! Yum! and triple Yum!  You can bet that I will be making this pizza, especially since we got the lesson and now have the book! 

Thanks Sandi for a great trip to NYC and thanks Christina for arranging our visit with Martha!

3 comments:

  1. Wowza!! What an amazingly-FUN day!! (I thought you were gonna say you gave her your Stampin' Up business card!). How cool would it be to have HER order from YOU??!!? Thanks for sharing!! Nice layout, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still reeling from the wonderfulness of the day. The highlight was spending the day with my BFF to celebrate her birthday and quite frankly I would've been happy riding the bus to NY and back just talking!! But what a turn of events on such a spring beautiful day! It was magical! Maria, thank you for being you. I hope to never take you for granted in all of the years of our friendship...Hugs, Happy Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi I feel the same way. Thanks for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete