Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SYMPATHY CARD FOR A DEAR FRIEND

My dear friend Donna from work who has been to some of my stamping classes recently experienced the loss of her dad.  I was so sad for her because it was so unexpected.  I wanted to send her a special home made card to let her know I was thinking of her.

This card uses a single under $10 stamp from SU! called  Triple Treat Flower  (122909 $8.95).  I stamped the flower 3 times and used 3 different SU! punches to layer the flower and make it "pop" off of the card.  I stamped the image using white craft ink and embossing it with embossing powder and also stamping it with not quite navy ink. The card stock used is not quite navy (darker) and pool party (lighter) which is a NEW IN COLOR!  The flower stamp is a must have for any collection.  The fact that you can make it look so different by layering it, is so cool!
The flower is layered onto a scallop circle (SU! XL scallop circle punch) embossed with the dots embossing folder by SU!  The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set and the other image is from Strength and Hope Stamp set which is a stamp set that SU! is donating a portion of the proceeds to Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  The words and the butterfly on the envelope are also from Strength and Hope.  The circle, the leaves, and the raindrops are from My Friend stamp set.  They are so cool and really go well with the theme of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment