Monday, August 29, 2011

CK SCRAP AND PLAY - LANCASTER PA WAS SO MUCH FUN

My friend Lisa Chatterjee and I went on a girls get away weekend to Lancaster Pa.  It was Amazing!  We had a great time scrapbooking and cropping and crafting and meeting new friends.  It was a great weekend.  Last year was the first time that they did this weekend and they held it in Valley Forge.  This year they moved it to Lancaster and it was even closer for us to drive to.  Hurricane Irene came up the coast this same weekend but it didn't keep us away.  We were glad to be safe and dry in the convention center crafting up our own storm.
In this photo above, we are having the time of our lives at the CK SCRAP and PLAY.  We met up with the Creative Editor of the Creating Keepsakes Magazine - Megan Hoeppner- who is super nice and really a talented crafter.  She reminded me so much of Lisa Bearnson who is the Founding Editor of the magazine.  Megan is pictured on the left with the large lolly.  I am in the middle.  My dear friend Lisa Chatterjee (and my absolute BEST Scrappin Friend) is on the right!
This is a photo of Me with Lisa and our new friend Christine from Connecticut (middle).  She was super nice. We met Christine on the line to get in and we sat together all weekend.
The classes were awesome. We had several classes included in our crop fee, a Free class for registering at CKC in July, and we added the class My Life in Lyrics.  Megan Hoeppner and my long time friend Annette Hardy from my CKU days - taught most of the classes.

This is Lisa cropping in class.  We sat beside each other all weekend - basically "inseparable!"
They gave us a ton of stuff and we won lots of prizes!  The loot above is the door prize I won. It's 2 HUGE pads of scrapbooking paper stacks, rubons, stickers, quote gooks and chipboard kits. I estimated the value of this pack at least $50.  I also won some huge mutipacks of embellishments and bling scrappin paper estimated at another $50, and they gave us tons of giveaways. Each day we were greeted by the friendly staff handing out awesome crop bags filled with adhesives, embellishments, buttons, papers, markers, discount coupons.  We each easily took home almost $200 worth of Freebies and they were so well worth it - meaning...usable!  It was fun to get back what we paid for the weekend and then some!  And...my friend Lisa won a deluxe Die Cutting Machine.  She won one last year and her name was called again this year.  What is the chance of that?  Lisa was so overwhelmed and grateful that she honestly gave it back to them so someone else could win it!  The staff thought that was so awesome and had her pick out some other things from the prize table that matched the value of the machine.

 OK, so mustaches are in.  Here's a photo from the Scrap and Play.  I love my mustache!

And here is Lisa with hers!  Too fun!

During the weekend, we got quite a bit accomplished.  We took some great classes and we brought our own projects to work on as well. We really didn't even need our own projects, they had so much for us to do!

The cards below are from our first class!  These are some holiday cards.  They are just in time to get us ready for the upcoming season.  I know, I know....the holidays are about 4 months away.  But ... it is never too early to think about them and to start prepping for them.  Last night I had a few minutes of free time, so out of curiosity I looked in my address book and counted up the number of people I wanted to send homemade holiday cards to this year.  I counted about 85 for sure and I am going to guess that once I add in my local stamping friends, I'm going to surpass 100 cards to be made.  So...for me... I have to get going and these cards are a real jumpstart.






This class was taught by one of the stamping companies and was filled with techniques.  The colors of the cards are so cheerful and work so well together.  I'm looking forward to recreating these cards with SU! supplies.  These were all super easy to make and I love that they have a real "wow" factor. 

We also made 2 scrapbooks, lots of layouts, other cards, and had the best time.  We are looking forward to attending another one of these events again next year.  We can't wait til they get the next ones on the schedule.  When I add photos to the layouts we made, I'll post those too.  They were super cute!

We are looking forward to our next get away event...we are headed to Black Rock Pa next (this Sept) to visit with some more scrapbook friends!  

1 comment:

  1. You know why I'm only seeing this now? Because I've turned into one of those nuts who googles their own name (trying to solve a little mystery), and I happened to see this post. What a kind, kind thing to say Maria. Thank you! I needed some kindness today, and this did the trick. I hope you're doing well. Too bad we're not at a Scrap & Play right this minute. :)

    ReplyDelete