Friday, August 12, 2011

FAITH IN NATURE - MY REMARKABLE DREAMBUILDER SWAP CARD

If you are participating in the Remarkable Dreambuilder swap this month that Deb Lehigh is hosting then you will receive my card as one of the swaps.  We were challenged with making up full sized cards using BRAND NEW SU! items from the NEW SU! Idea Book and Catalog.  I not only wanted to use a NEW stamp set, I wanted to use NEW papers and ribbons too.  I chose to use new IN COLOR DSP in Wisteria Wonder backed by Pool Party (another NEW IN COLOR) Card stock.  The stamp set I chose is the NEW HOSTESS set - FAITH IN NATURE and the coordinating sentiments are from PETITE PAIRS.  They are just darling.    This is the card I came up with. It's actually slightly cased from a card that I made last year with last year's dsp, but totally different stamps.  I love the layout of this card.

The base card stock is ivory and I stamped the background stamp French Filigree on it in Pool Party classic ink.

I colored the flower with BLENDER PENS.  Have you ever done that?  I think this kind of coloring lends itself to a very light and transparent look which I really like.
This is the flower a little closer up.  After I sent my swaps in, I had the idea of adding the SU! rhinestone to the middle of the flower.  It really looks nice.

Here is the inside of my card with the coordinating stamp set.

The sentiments are SENDING MANY THANKS ....FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE TO ME.
Perfect sentiment!

Here are the swaps I mailed to Deb.  They are each in their own translucent envelope.
The ribbon is the NEW IN COLOR RIBBON in Pool Party.  I thinks these new ribbons are awesome.  I did brush the edges of the card with some wisteria wonder ink just to give a slightly distressed look.


No comments:

Post a Comment