Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BIRTHDAY CARD FOR MY BROTHER

I have a lot of March Birthdays to celebrate. My friend Diana has a birthday on March 3rd (today), my brother Frank has a birthday on March 9th, my other brother Anthony has a birthday on March 19th, and my birthday is March 30th. This is one of the birthday cards I made using Big Birthday Candle Stamp Set from SU! I love these candles. The card base is made of baja breeze and I used the stamp SANDED inked in baja breeze for a background. The candles were stamped on cardstock (riding hood red, certainly celery, and pacific point). The flames were stamped by rocking technique using tangerine tango and summer sun on summer sun cardstock. I cut all of the candles and flames out. The ribbon is my favorite part. This new organza ribbon comes in whisper white. The neat thing is that you can dye it to match your cards. I dyed mine with a light hint of tangerine tango. I think my brother will like this card.
This is how I dyed the ribbon. I put a drop of tangerine tango reinker in a small glass bowl and added a small amount of water. The ribbon takes seconds to pick up the color. Leave in longer and with more reinker if you want a darker ribbon. I took mine out to dry and it was done in about 10 to 15 minutes. So it dries fast too!

No comments:

Post a Comment