Wednesday, April 1, 2015

SU! FROM THE HERD AND ARE YOU TIRED OF STAINED PHOTOPOLYMER STAMPS?

A friend of mine purchased the FROM THE HERD stamp set and after seeing some of the remarkable and awesome projects she's created with it, as well as what others are doing  with this set, I had to have it.  Well, I don't have it yet.  I borrowed my friend's for the card below. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and water-colored with my SU! ink pads and aquapainters.

This stamp set has some great images.  There are the animals - which is what draws you immediately to this set, and all of the great verses.  There are also the party horns that I stamped in each animals mouth including the bird. There is the balloon that I attached to one of the tails, as well.  I added crystal effects to the balloon and all of the eyes of the animals to highlight them.

Now, when I borrowed the set, it looked like this.


The photopolymer was pretty well loved aka "stained." You could tell that she stamped the animals, the balloon and a few of the sayings with a black or red ink. This is what happens to every stamp you love (rubber mounted also), but you only see the stains on the photopolymer.  Staining does not effect the quality of the stamped images when you apply them to paper.  Some people could care less about the staining. Others would like for their stamps to remain clear.

Well...There is an answer.  No, it's not to use some harsh chemical on your stamps to clean hem.  It's to stamp them the first time ever with an ink that has a lighter pink color to it (like crisp cantaloupe).  It needs to be an ink that has a red to it that is light in color.  For some reason red is the culprit on the staining.
Stamp first in crisp cantaloupe then clean it off (I use baby wipes on my photopolymer stamps) then stamp with your red or black or melon mambo or whatever darker color you want to and look at the difference after using the black.

The second photo of the words above shows the black cleaned off.  Brilliant!!  Wish I could say I thought of this but I didn't.

This tip was in my email from SU! demonstrator Connie Stewart and her tip with a great 2 minute video is here. I think that her down line came up with this remarkable idea.  I decided to try it with the stamps that my friend hadn't stamped with from this set and I'm really amazed. It takes no time at all to do and look at the amazing difference. I'll be doing this from now on with all of my photopolymer stamps.

Here's the stamped images from the set.  I'd say it's a MUST HAVE stamp set!

No comments:

Post a Comment