Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SWEETIE PIES - NEW PHOTOPOLYMER SET BY SU! IS SO CUTE!

I can't wait to get this stamp set! I don't have little girls but this is really adorable. Maybe I can make things for my nieces - or for me! What big girl doesn't love girly for herself once in awhile either?

From the SU! Blog:

Sweetie Pies Photopolymer Stamp Set

I have been working at Stampin’ Up! for over five years and am currently a writer and editor for the corporate communications department. The thought of designing a stamp set never entered my mind; in fact, I gave up on drawing decades ago. Then came a company-wide communication inviting employees to submit designs for photopolymer stamp sets. Since I have been challenging myself to try new things, I thought: “Here’s your chance. Do something crazy for once.” So I began drawing little faces with pencil and markers.
Eventually I had enough designs to schedule a meeting with the head of the photopolymer team. (I’m pretty shy, so I was shaking in my boots.) I truly expected a “Sorry . . . no,” but sometimes life sends us happy, happy surprises. And this has certainly been one for me. I admire the look of Japanese anime (especially Hayao Miyazaki’s work). Perhaps that love of cuteness (Asian-style) shows. In Japan they call it “kawaii.”
Kawaii (???? [kaw?ai?i], "lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture. (Wikipedia)
I hope you love working with the Sweetie Pies Photopolymer Stamp Set. Have fun coloring the stamped images with Stampin’ Write Markers. Mix and match the images and sentiments. If you’re like me, you’ll especially love playing with the frames! And remember: Classic Stampin’ Pads work best with photopolymer. ;-)

Happy Stamping!
Cindy Bowden







No comments:

Post a Comment