Saturday, March 15, 2014

SU! SUMMER SILHOUETTES AND PERFECT PENNANTS MEET HARDWOOD

I needed a card to send my dear friend Linda K a thank you. She was so sweet to purchase some goodies for several of us.  I stamped the NEW SU! stamp HARDWOOD (from the OCCASIONS SU! catalog) onto whisper white cardstock.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this NEW BACKGROUND stamp.  It's perfect, no matter what I stamp it on.  It looks like wood!  I also used another NEW stamp from SU! (relatively NEW to me, but has been in the MAIN IDEA BOOK) called SUMMER SILHOUETTES. Those are the leaves and the flower stamped on the card.  These are gorgeous.

I also stamped the leaves on the envelope and after stamping the HARDWOOD on the card stock, there was some ink left on the stamp so I stamped the envelope and it was enough to just lightly ink the envelope with the design.
The sentiment and the HELLO is from the NEW stamp set PERFECT PENNANTS - which I bought as a "bundle" on sale from SU! with the BANNER FRAMELITS.  You SAVE a lot when you buy coordinating products.  See page 27 of the OCCASIONS catalog.  The HELLO is stamped and die cut and dimensionalized onto the card.  I also added dazzling diamonds glitter but you have to click on the card above to see it more closely.
The Thanks on the inside of the card is from the HIP HIP HOORAY card kit by SU! that I'll feature soon. I bought that kit and have made so many cards.  The other stamps are from a Demonstrator SU! set that came out this year in photopolymer.
Lastly, I used one of my NEW FAVE brown inks - BAKED BROWN SUGAR to add the THANK YOU sentiment to the envelope.  This stamp is from the LOTS OF THANKS stamp set from the MAIN IDEA book.  This set has 9 different "thank you's" included in it.  I like to send uniquely stamped cards to Linda, and although the card will be new to her, she does have the LOTS OF THANKS stamp set. In fact, she inspired me to purchase it.  She and Andi K Potler, who both independently said that it's probably the nicest and most complete THANK YOU stamp sets, SU! has ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment