Monday, August 19, 2013

DIP DYED BANNER

New BANNER KIT from SU! in the NEW HOLIDAY CATALOG.  BANNERS are HOT! HOT! HOT!

Here's a post from the SU! BLOG - you can easily make this on your own!

Dip-Dyed Banner

Dip-Dyed Banner                 

One of the many things I love about my job is the ability to try new things. When the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit was released in the holiday catalog, I knew there were endless ways to use it. I was excited to see if the banner could be dip-dyed.

To make the dye, I mixed together rubbing alcohol with Gumball Green Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill in a small plastic container. It doesn’t need to be full; just tip the container on its side and let the liquid pool a little. 

I started with a lighter ink concentration. After each banner piece was dipped, I laid them on a paper towel to dry. Once dry, I increased the saturation of the ink and dipped a second time, this time not dipping it in quite as far. This created an ombre effect.

To finish it off, I used the alphabet stencils from the kit, along with Coastal Cabana ink and a Sponge Dauber to add the word “home.” I really like how the blue tones separated out of the ink as it dried. My banner has a slightly imperfect, handmade feel—and I love it.





Jen C.
Concept Artist
  Here'


No comments:

Post a Comment