Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NEW SU! HOSTESS SET CARDS

I was at my upline Janet Wakeland's home yesterday and we made some very lovely cards that I want to share with you.  I'll be sharing several of them this week.  My favorite card was the baby card below that Janet designed.  My friend Lisa Chatterjee and I were together making cards and we had such a lovely time getting so inspired by all of the new products that SU! has to share with all of us!  After making the baby card I was inspired to make my own card using the same hostess set called A Slice of Life (this set comes in clear or wood mount and can be earned in the US with a hostess order as a level 1 set).  I've seen some fabulous things done with this set. 
You can click on the card to view it or the one below it even larger.  Isn't the baby outfit just adorable?  The card stock is Pretty in Pink and was embossed with the brand new Tulip border embossing folder for the Big Shot exclusive to SU!  The designer paper is awesome Springtime Vintage.  It's got some great papers in the pack.  Notice also that there is a scallop rectangle behind the outfit and that is a clearlit embosslit for the Big Shot for SU! as well.  The other pieces are punches and of course we had to use a SU! button and Janet's favorite accessory - linen thread!  I also love the crochet ribbon embellishment which is also a SU! exclusive.  The other card stock used is Rose Red which coordinates so well with the dsp.  Hello Baby comes from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes which you have seen me use time and time again!
This card also uses a stamp from A Slice of Life.  I came up with this card after the baby card.  So yes, it is my original.  I used one of our new in colors - Blushing Bride card stock as the base and the dsp coordinates with it.  You can buy a pack of In Color dsp to match card stock, ribbons, inks, etc.  It is an awesome 12 by 12 pack of paper (#117158with 40 sheets of dsp - 4 of each, double sided in 5 In Colors).  The other dsp I used is from the Elegant Soiree pack and is crumb cake colored with a vanilla pattern to it.  I die cut the ribbon that I stamped happy day on from the new petal cone die exclusive to SU! in the new Occasions Mini and I stamped the words from one of my favorite sets called Fabulous Phrases (#120501).  Then I added a button and linen thread and some die cuts from another new Big Shot die for SU! called Fun Flowers.  You will need to return here tomorrow to see something awesome we made with the flowers!

On both of the cards we highlighted certain parts with NEW Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink.  These really illuminate your art work and are such a nice accent.  Come to one of my classes to see how to use these.  They come like nailpolish and are so easy to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment