Wednesday, February 23, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND BABY SISTER!

Today is my mom's birthday and it is also my youngest sister's birthday!  Poor Mom being in labor on her birthday some 30 years ago!  But she must have been so happy to have her 7th child and to complete our wonderful family that day!  In honor of their birthdays, here are some cards!

For this card I used Pacific Point card stock for the base.  The complementing colors are melon mambo and peach parfait (one of our SU! In Colors).  I love how these all coordinate.  The sentiment is from the level 2 hostess set which is a sentiment set called  Something to Celebrate.

The designer papers were earned for FREE during SALE-A-BRATION!  The die cuts came in the same package!  There is a lot of designer paper in this! The dsp/embellishments packs are called Ice Cream Parlor.  Makes me want some sherbert right now and a bright sunny day at the pool!  I also added some sticky back clear rhinestone bling which SU! began selling this SU! year with sticky back pearls as well.  These SU! rhinestones cannot be matched in quality by the ones in the craft store.  SU! simply outdid them.  They are so shiny and what bling!
 
The envelope uses coordinating colors and some of my favorite stamp sets - Bring on the Cake, Got Treats, Broadsheet alphabet and Flight of the Butterfly. I've added crystal effects and some dazzling diamonds.  Everyone deserves sparkle on their birthday!  The inside of the card, which is in the middle above uses our new Sizzix Big Shot die cut circle that I stamped on, Bring on the Cake sentiment and our new cupcake punch.  I punched the cherry from the red glimmer paper.  (You must have a few glimmer sheets on hand!  I have found it great for accents such as the cherry and little hearts, and other punched embellishments!)


This was on my mom's envelope.  I used my favorite alphabet Big Deal.  Oh, I'm so hoping that SU! considers putting that alphabet in MDS!  And the card below is the one my son JP sent to my mom.  He had his choice of several I had made up and he chose this one.  My mother thought this was such a cool card.  I think I may have shared a similar one back in January that I made using the same pieces for a card for a friend.  Cupcakes are hot right now!  This is a great stamp by SU!
So, hope you both had a great birthday and loved your cards and gifts!  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment