Sunday, November 7, 2010

WELCOME CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HANUKKAH

I love this card.  I made this at the Remarkable Retreat and my friends Deanna and Jill really loved it so they CASED it.  I was thrilled to see the variations of the card on Jill's blog. This card was actually made with leftovers from a Christmas card class that I did a few weeks ago using the same stamp set but a different stamp.  This card uses the family decorating the tree and the father is lifting the little boy up to put the star on the tree.  There is a little girl on the stamp also but since we only have the three of us and the dog, I left the little girl off.  The stamp set is Welcome Christmas!  It is a gorgeous card.  Notice the rhinestone at the top of the tree as the star. Isn't that cool?   I also used our new glimmer brads.

This card I actually cased from Jill and Deanna.  I need some Hanukkah cards for co-workers, and this was a great card.  I modified mine using a different ribbon (marina mist taffeta) and a different backdrop to my card (the square lattice die).  The "celebrate" is from the new stamp set Fabulous Phrases from the main idea book.  The menorah is also still available but not listed in the catalog.  It is one of our under $10 stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment