Wednesday, November 17, 2010

VINTAGE SUITE CLASS - FIRST LOOK

Monday and Tuesday nights we had class at my home.  The class has become one of my new favorites - Vintage Suite!  I have really been admiring all of the cards and projects I have been seeing that have a vintage feel to them.  This past April I was a SU! Cruise Achiever and on the cruise there were some great swaps.  The card that I have below is a CASE of one of the other Achiever's cards - wish I had the name of the demo so I could give credit.  I LOVE this card and so too did the attendees at both of the classes.  We made several cards - some of which were pretty intricate.  I will show all of the cards over the next few days.  Enjoy the eye candy!

This first card is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever made.  It uses the stamp set elements of style. The flowers were stamped using ink from the distressing kit by SU! called mahogany.  The ink is so luscious!  The distressing kit is a fabulous kit to own.  It has some neat vintage style ink spots, distressing pieces such as a sanding block and an inking block, some finer files and other cool things to make your projects look vintage.  We used this distress kit and all of our cards.
The inside of the card was stamped after the envelope was stamped.  I wanted a more muted coloring on the inside of the card. And since many of you  write on the inside of your cards, I like how the inside is just a little lighter.  This stamp is also part of the set elements of style.
 And here is the outside of the envelope.  I would love to receive this card, wouldn't you?



Here are some of the attendees from class.  There are some from both nights.
 Rita, Sandi, Pat and Lisa are here.  I love Sandi's smile!



 Clare joined us for the first time.  She did a great job.

 This is Marlene's second time at one of my classes.  She is very talented.
 Donna is really becoming quite talented.
 These ladies had such a nice evening.  It was a nice group both evenings and except for one card, they made the same things.
Leslie and Donna really enjoyed the evening. They are excited about the new classes that will be coming in December and in the new year.  Check out my website if you are in town and sign up for one of the upcoming classes.  Lots in store for you.

Tomorrow I'll have more to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment