Friday, November 19, 2010

LISA WOWS US WITH AN AWESOME VINTAGE STYLE CARD

I am really happy to present to you my sideline Lisa Chatterjee.  Lisa and I are in the Remarkable Stampers together.  Several weeks ago I invited Lisa to guest demo at my Vintage Suite Class.   She said yes and I was thrilled and so too were the attendees.  Lisa did an awesome card as you can see below.  Can you tell that the cardinal was made with the bird and vine punch by SU!?
We stamped the French Script background stamp with sahara sand classic ink onto very vanilla ultra smooth card stock.  Next we die cut the lattice with the Big Shot.  It is such a cool die!  The cardinal was made from the bird and vine punch.  Lisa showed us how to punch the bird a couple of times and put him together so that he became a cardinal.  How perfect for the holidays.  Her use of the French Script stamp and the crochet ribbon really gives this a vintage feel.  In addition, we swiped the French Script with the tea stain ink from the SU! distressing kit and what a "wow"! that was!  The other colors used are cherry cobbler and always artichoke.  Don't they go well together?  And these really have such a great vintage holiday feel!

Here are photos of Lisa demonstrating and some of my guests!
Lisa demonstrates her beautiful card!
 Pat asks Lisa a question while Sandi and Cathy decide on placement of their birds.
Dale is admiring the beauty of the card before the cardinal is even on there.  We decided that this would also make a great wedding card with a different bird or even plain with just the lattice.
Rita (foreground) and Sandi work on punching out their birds and vines.
Clare punches for the first time.  We used the pumpkin pie card stock for the birds beak.
We used the punched out silhouette to help make the birds mask.  Now wasn't that clever?

I think Lisa did an excellent job demonstrating.  The card was a real "wow" and I must say, this is a card I certainly will be repeating.  I'm so glad that I have the French Script stamp and the lattice die for the Big Shot.

Until tomorrow!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment