Monday, November 29, 2010

HOLIDAY FUN WORKSHOP POST 3

Our Holiday Fun Workshop was a great success.  We held it at the home of my good friend Linda Kincaid.  We made several projects and several cards for the holidays.  It's really nice to get some of my gifts made ahead of time - well, ahead of the holiday madness that comes in December.  Over Thanksgiving, I was able to go home to see my wonderful family in NJ.  I brought lots of gifts up to them and so I will have so much less to do in December.  In fact, in December, I'm going to spend time crafting and completing my holiday cards.  Here is project number 3 from the Holiday workshop - it is a box to hold cards, gift certificates (I just gave one to my good friend Rita with gift certificate in it), chocolates, and so much more.  I'm not sure if you can tell it is a box from the photos.  I may have to take more photos later to show it.  I actually cased these from my good friend and sideline - Jill Hilliard - who also cased them but I can't remember from who.



All of these boxes feature a great new stamp from the Holiday mini catalog by SU! called Christmas Collage.  I stamped that onto white ultra smooth card stock in the different colors you see above.  The box in old olive was actually done with old olive craft ink and heat embossed.  It gives a nice raised impression.  The stamp actually has a no. 25 on it where Santa or the bells was added.  Santa comes from the stamp set Jolly Old Saint Nick (also in the holiday mini).  The bells comes from the stamp set Bells and Boughs, and the angel comes from Angelic joy (all in the holiday mini).  The box with the Angel holds Christmas cards that I'm going to give to my mom to mail to family and friends.  I used one of the clear treat cups to seal some dazzling diamonds glitter with the angel.  I really like that effect.  The use of the Santa I must give credit to Deb Lehigh and her sister Linda Nagel.  Can't remember which one made the original box with Santa and crafted the box with marina mist, but I copied it exactly for my stamping group.  It was truly a hit and everyone had lots of great ideas for the use of the boxes.  In fact, Cathy Weir thought she might make them for her table at the holidays. Wouldn't it be fun to have one of these at your place setting at Christmas?
Over the next few days, I'll post some of the cards that fit nicely inside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment