Sunday, November 7, 2010

FUN AT CK SCRAP AND PLAY

My friend Lisa Chatterjee and I went to Valley Forge in mid-October for a girls scrapbooking and card making weekend.  It was fabulous. We met our dear friend Lisa Bearnson again and made lots of new scrappin friends.  The event was the first ever CK Scrap and Play in Valley Forge. It was amazing.

Lisa Bearnson was the keynote speaker and spoke of finding JOY IN THE JOURNEY.  Her talk was so moving.
I love Lisa.  Of course she remembered exactly who I was and we exchanged hugs and phone numbers again so that we can meet up next time I come to Salt Lake City.

I am completely "wowed" by Lisa.  She started Creating Keepsakes Magazine in her garage and made it into the top scrapbooking magazine today!
This is my friend Lisa Chatterjee meeting Lisa Bearnson.
 I had Lisa sign my CKU Alumnae shirt.  I've been to a lot of these and they are the best!


Wow!  the classic signature!

This is my friend Annette Hardy.  She was one of the ladies who taught at CK Scrap and Play.  I met Annette many years ago at CKU. She was part of our dorm!  I love Annette. She is so funny.  She kept us in stitches the entire time.
It was nice to reconnect with Annette after so many years.

If you get a chance to go to CK Scrap and Play, I highly recommend it.  The cost was minimal. My friend Lisa won a Cricut Imagine valued at least at $250 and then on top of that she won a $50 package of scrapbooking supplies.  In addition to all of this, we each made 3 albums, tons of Christmas cards, and lots of scrapbook layouts.  And...they had a huge candy display that we got to go to as often as we wanted.